The California Law Enforcement Historical Society will host the 2017 National Police Collectors Show at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, California, on August 19 – 20, 2017 The Convention Center is located 38 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, on Interstate 10. Public hours for the event are 9-5 on Saturday and 9-2 on Sunday. Pre-registered exhibitors only will be allowed into the show on Friday for set-up from noon to 5.
There are 300, eight foot by 30″, display tables available at $80.00 each. Special accommodations and table requests will be honored in the order of reservation. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you reserve your table early! Admission is $5.00 per person, children under 12 are free.
Awards are presented for Best Historical Patch Display, Best Historical Badge Display, Best Historical Display, Best Educational and the Best of Show.
Advance ticket sales for the 2017 National Police Collectors Show are available on Ebay:
Advance Ticket Sales
To make an on-line table reservation and payment, please fill out the form below and ensure that all fields are completed. Also, make sure that your address is included under Shipping Information on the PayPal payment page.
If you wish to reserve a table and pay by check, please contact:
Gary Hoving, President
California Law Enforcement Historical Society
P. O. Box 475
Pismo Beach, CA 93448-0475
Phone (805) 441-4936
Email : Calpolicehistory@aol.com
The show host hotel is the Doubletree Hotel Ontario Airport, located next to the Convention Center, at 222 North Vineyard Avenue, Ontario, CA 91764, (909) 937-0900. CLEHS room rate is $119.00 per night, plus tax. The show rate is only valid until July 31, 2017. It is strongly recommended that you reserve your room early! You can now make your reservation on-line, click here: doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/O/ONTO-DT-LEH-20170817/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG”target=”_blank”>Reservations
1. Set-up Times. Friday August 18th from 12 noon to 5 pm, Saturday, August 19th, 8 am to 9 am, and Sunday, August 20th, 8 am to 9 am.
2. Entrance During Set-up. Only registered table holders and registered assistant table holders are allowed in the show area during the set-up periods. Nametags for table holders and assistants are required to be worn at all times to enter the show
3. Entrance After Hours Prohibited. Entrance to the show area after hours is prohibited.
4. No Shows. Unclaimed reserved tables at the opening of the show to the public (9 am on Saturday August 19) will revert to the show with no refund, unless notification is made in advance.
5. Assignment of Tables. Although we will try to honor all special requests for table types, location, etc., all table assignments are at the sole discretion of the show director.
6. No Firearm Sales. Sales and trading of firearms and ammunition is prohibited.
7. Reproductions. All reproductions must be marked as such. Decisions of the show-hosts on reproductions shall be final.
8. Awards. The decision of the judges is final on all awards.
9. Refund Policy. Full refunds for table reservations will be made up to 45 days before the start of the show, August 19th, 2017, if notification is made directly to the show director.
10. Prohibited Badges – No current federal law enforcement badges, current Los Angeles Police badges or current Los Angeles County Sheriff’s badges will be permitted. Items are subject to confiscation by local law enforcement.
11. Violation of Rules. Violation of the show rules or hotel requirements, as determined by the show-hosts, may result in ejection from the show and forfeiture of table registration fees.
12. Acceptance of Rules. Table holders and table assistants, by making a table reservation and participating in the show, acknowledge acceptance of the show rules.
13. Conduct. All table holders shall maintain a calm and orderly demeanor free from loud outbursts, cursing or other offensive conduct.
14. Right to Refuse. Table holders shall use discretion in selling insignia that may be used for unlawful or inappropriate uses. The table holders shall have a right to refuse any sale to anyone at anytime.
15. No Alcohol or Smoking. Alcoholic beverages of any sort are prohibited inside the convention center complex unless purchased from a designated vendor. It is illegal under California law to smoke tobacco products inside any public building or near any doors.
16. Stay During Entire Show. All tables holders shall remain open until the close of the show each day. Sorry, no early departures.
17. Firearms. All peace officers or others lawfully entitled to carry a firearm shall keep firearms concealed and secured at all times. Caution, event may contain an “old West gunfight” recreation with participants in appropriate attire. Authentic or realistic reproduction firearms may be included with blank firing ammunition. Such exhibition will be announced on the public address system.
• Check-in packets for table holders will contain name tags, rules, floor-plan and other show information.
• Small children must be adequately supervised.
• Display Awards will be given in the categories of Best Historical Patch, Best Historical Badge, Best Historical Display, Best Educational, and Best of Show.
• Security for the show area, during non-show hours, will be provided but any loss is the responsibility of the table holder.
• Report all emergencies or public safety needs to the admission table. Security and paramedics are at the convention center during all public hours.
• Electricity is not available at any of the tables.